Another Dr. Levitin Success Story - Left Hand VM Procedure - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 07-22-2011, 09:03 PM

Default Another Dr. Levitin Success Story - Left Hand VM Procedure

I found Dr. Levitin here, so thank you wonderful people for running this message board. I have completed the procedure to rid me of the limitations that my VM was causing me for 40 years.

Dr. Levitin did an amazing job at excising the vascular malformation/venous malformation that I had on my left hand. I am about 2 months complete from Case 1, which removed half of the VM, and about 22 days complete from Case 2, which removed the second half of the VM.

I have developed a blog to assist, educate, and commend Dr. Levitin for the work that he accomplished on my hand.

You can find it at http://drgregorylevitin.tumblr.com

Please feel free to contact me with questions or for a referral for Dr. Levitin. He's a great guy and a fantastic doctor in this field.

Thanks,

Eric

Last edited by ericinfo : 07-22-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:06 PM

Here are a couple pics of before and after. The healing is not complete yet. In 6 months I would imagine with the treatment we are giving the site here, that the scars will be very minimal, if not invisible.

I will post a complete AFTER picture in 6 mos.

BEFORE

AFTER SO FAR. 2 Months on the left site. 22 Days so far on the right (thumb) site.

Eric

Last edited by ericinfo : 07-29-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Administrator

That does look much improved. I'll bet you'll be able to post after pictures before six months pass.

Missy
Old 06-24-2012, 11:01 AM

Default I'm so glad you are doing well

Eric, would you post a link to your story on AVMSurvivors.org? I think it would help our other members with hand AVMs. Best wishes!