please recommend a good doctor in bay area for microcystic lymphatic malformation - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Lymphatic Malformations (also known as cystic hygroma and lymphangioma)

Old 05-03-2013, 02:27 AM

Default please recommend a good doctor in bay area for microcystic lymphatic malformation

I am in bay area near Stanford. My son is diagnosed of having microcystic lymphatic malformation on his upper lip. His upper lip is prominent ever since he was in my belly. He is teething now and having lots of complications with the gum and upper lip. Lots of blisters and swelling. He cried so hard. My heart is breaking. He is only 13 month old. I always wanted to postpone the surgry but now I am seeking a good doctor in bay area who can treat him. Anyone has experience? Thank you very much!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Administrator

California? See if you can go see Dr. Frieden:

Dr. Ilona Frieden
University of California at San Francisco
Box 0316
San Francisco, CA 94115
friedeni@derm.ucsf.edu
Nurse: Louise Crotwell 415-353-7823
A pediatric dermatologist who treats all birthmarks with a special interest in vascular anomalies. Office includes a multidisciplinary vascular anomalies team: dermatology, plastics, interventional radiology, and ENT.
www.bvac.ucsf.edu
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 PM

Thank you very much, Missy! I have thought UCSF is pretty good at it but after I read the comments from another thread, I feel UCSF is probably not very experienced with microcystic lymphatic malformation. It seems UCLA is well known. For the treatment, Mcirocystic LM is so different. I definitely need to do more search for doctors specialized in it.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:52 PM

Are you part of a Facebook group for LM? They are pretty active and people have lots of good advice, they should be able to recommend someone. Search for 'Lymphatic Malformation Awareness Group'. There is another 'secret' group which does not show up in a search - if you post on the one above someone will be able to add to you to it.