My Hemangioma . - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

   VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Ghaidaa Ghaidaa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Default My Hemangioma .

Good morning Everyone .
my name is Ghaidaa , I'm a girl , 17 years old and I'm from Saudi Arabia .
my problem is that i have Hemangioma on the right side of my face near to the eye and the nose .
I'd like to know more about Hemangioma treatment for my case
if you don't mind to answer this Q ,
what is the best hospital and Doctor for my case ? .

what make me sad that it affected on the nose . so i have to do a double
surgery to fix the two problems .
it really embarrassed me when I meet new people and it always make me sad when i look to my self .
I have a huge aim to remove it and live the life that i deserve .


I need your help , so please help me .
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-18-2013, 03:22 AM
smurph smurph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 409
Default

Hi there! There's a good chance that what you have is not technically a hemangioma. Sometimes doctors refer to all vascular anomalies as hemangiomas but what you are describing sounds like a different type of birthmark. If you go to the link above called "Find a doctor" and click on the map, you will find that there is a doctor listed there for Saudi Arabia. I do not know anything about this doctor personally, but it may be a good resource for you to start with. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Shannon
__________________
VBF Hemangioma Forum Moderator
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Ghaidaa Ghaidaa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Dear Shannon ,
first , I want to thank you for your Support and your humanity in my case .
second , it's OK for me to travel for having a treatment .
could you recommend the best specialist for my hemangioma ..
well , i have many question but i don't want to bother you .

I'm really thankful . hope you to have a really nice day like how you changed my day by your answer .

Ghaidaa .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2013, 01:11 PM
missy missy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,718
Default

Hi,

There is this doctor. Sami N. Alsuwaidan (salsuwaidan@KSU.EDU.SA)

Or there is this listing:

IMDAD Tamer Wali at 966-1-465-0371
Saudi Arabia Laser surgery specialists Khalid A. Al-Mazrou, MD,FAAP
Assistant Professor
Pediatric Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
King Saud University and University Hospitals
Old Airport St.
Department of ORL
King A/Aziz University Hospital
PO Box 245
Riyadh 11411
Saudi Arabia
Phone:+9661-477-5735
Fax: +9661-477-5748
e-mail:suadikidsent@gmail.com

Do ask your questions ... you are not bothering us, I assure you. That's what we're here for.

Missy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2013, 08:37 PM
smurph smurph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 409
Default

Ghaidaa,
This is the place to come if you have questions! I don't have all the answers but hopefully we can help you find your way to someone who can give you more information about your birthmark. I am so happy to help in whatever way I can. I would recommend that you contact Dr. Levitin as well. If you look on the home page, you will see a list on the left- Ask the Experts. You can click on Dr. Levitin or one of the other specialists there if you think another one would be more appropriate. You can send them a message along with a photo and perhaps he might be able to guide you to the kind of specialist you would need to see. I know that some doctors have traveled to Europe and Asia on occasion, so if travelling is an option, it may open different doors for you. I would also look into the doctors that Missy posted about as well. Please let us know if you have any more questions!
Have a good day!
Shannon
__________________
VBF Hemangioma Forum Moderator
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Ghaidaa Ghaidaa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy View Post
Hi,

There is this doctor. Sami N. Alsuwaidan (salsuwaidan@KSU.EDU.SA)

Or there is this listing:

IMDAD Tamer Wali at 966-1-465-0371
Saudi Arabia Laser surgery specialists Khalid A. Al-Mazrou, MD,FAAP
Assistant Professor
Pediatric Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
King Saud University and University Hospitals
Old Airport St.
Department of ORL
King A/Aziz University Hospital
PO Box 245
Riyadh 11411
Saudi Arabia
Phone:+9661-477-5735
Fax: +9661-477-5748
e-mail:suadikidsent@gmail.com

Do ask your questions ... you are not bothering us, I assure you. That's what we're here for.

Missy
Hello dear Missy .
I'm glad to see that answer , thank you for your helping .

Actually I don't want to treat in Saudi Arabia because I try it before and there is no marked improvement .
So I want to do it outside KSA in the suitable hospital and Doctor for my case .

I emailed him , hope to get an answer could help me .

Have a nice day .
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Ghaidaa Ghaidaa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurph View Post
Ghaidaa,
This is the place to come if you have questions! I don't have all the answers but hopefully we can help you find your way to someone who can give you more information about your birthmark. I am so happy to help in whatever way I can. I would recommend that you contact Dr. Levitin as well. If you look on the home page, you will see a list on the left- Ask the Experts. You can click on Dr. Levitin or one of the other specialists there if you think another one would be more appropriate. You can send them a message along with a photo and perhaps he might be able to guide you to the kind of specialist you would need to see. I know that some doctors have traveled to Europe and Asia on occasion, so if travelling is an option, it may open different doors for you. I would also look into the doctors that Missy posted about as well. Please let us know if you have any more questions!
Have a good day!
Shannon
Hi shannon ,
Awwh , well that is a kindness of you <3

These are my questions :
1- What is the suitable treatment for my case ?
2- What is the total cost for the treatment ?
3- Is there any problem with my age , am I still young to have the surgery ? " I'm 17 "
4- What about the result ? could you give me a percentage for the improvement ?
5- Should I do a surgery for my nose ?
6- Where can I find you ?
I'm from Saudi Arabia & it's OK for me to travel with my parents for treatment

I have all these questions in my mind .
I am searching for a specialist to answer them according to my case .
could you recomend someone for that ?

I've emailed Dr.Gregory Levitin .
He was so kind and helpful .

thank you very much my freind for helping .
good luck for you dear Shannon .
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM
nickbar nickbar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaidaa View Post
Hi shannon ,
Awwh , well that is a kindness of you <3

These are my questions :
1- What is the suitable treatment for my case ?
2- What is the total cost for the treatment ?
3- Is there any problem with my age , am I still young to have the surgery ? " I'm 17 "
4- What about the result ? could you give me a percentage for the improvement ?
5- Should I do a surgery for my nose ?
6- Where can I find you ?
I'm from Saudi Arabia & it's OK for me to travel with my parents for treatment

I have all these questions in my mind .
I am searching for a specialist to answer them according to my case .
could you recomend someone for that ?

I've emailed Dr.Gregory Levitin .
He was so kind and helpful .

thank you very much my freind for helping .
good luck for you dear Shannon .
Hello Ghaidaa,
My name is Corinne Barinaga and I am the Director of Family Services for VBF.
I wanted to make sure you had your questions answered by Dr. Levitin or if you have additional questions. I would like to share with you some information regarding options. Can you email me directly? My email address is vbfadvocate@Live.com
__________________
Corinne Barinaga
VBF Director of Family Services
vbfadvocate @ live. com (no spaces)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump