PWS removal and moustache - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 05-01-2004, 01:40 AM
JReid

Default PWS removal and moustache

I've had a PWS on my upper lip since birth that, in adulthood, is covered by my moustache. If I had laser therapy to diminish or remove it, would laser treatment
interfere with my ability to grow the moustache?
Old 05-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Jin9084

Default Re:PWS removal and moustache

Hi. I can't answer your question but if you go to www.birthmarks.com there is a great support group there made up of people with pws and parents of childern with pws. They will more than likely be able to answer your question.
Jinny
Old 10-03-2005, 10:54 AM
petrina

Default Re: PWS removal and moustache

hi,
i am new to this site but my son has been told that he can still grow a beard when he is older as it is the ruby lazer that removes hair not the pulse lazer but ask the person doing it but i,m sure you will be fine
Old 10-03-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: PWS removal and moustache

Hi petrina,

I think you know me already but just in case I am 23 with facial PWS.

I have PWS on my right upper lip. It does grow hair but it does not grow as fast as my left lip and it has always been peach fuss. I do not have any PWS in the beard area of my face anymore so I have no problems there. It really depends on how deep your sons PWS is in that area. My lip is very thick and now I have had two plastic surgeries on it to reduce the hyperplagey (puffiness). If you would like to see pictures they are on my website that is in my profile.

I also have used Pulse Dye Lasers for 18 years. So yes your doctor is correct it does not remove the hair.

Hank