hi - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Old 12-30-2013, 11:26 PM

Default hi

I was born w a birthmark on the back of my head
It is raised once in a while took me three years to grow hair i got teased and beated up over the first three years i am now 35 i was wondering what kind of birth mark it is and if any birthmark can cause neurological problem my hair cover my
Birthmark
Old 12-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome!

Without seeing a photo of it, no one here can really tell you what kind of birthmark it is. If you are worried that it might be causing some neurological problem, then it might be better to ask your physician.

Missy
Old 01-22-2014, 03:11 PM

good question.

i have thickening of my skull and i wonder the same thing. been told no but i still ponder about it

facebook deleted my first page for unknown reasons :mad sorry