pregnancy when having port wine stain? - Page 3 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 06-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Thumbs up No worries

Hi Anti,

I have birthmarks over my face and entire body (pws), have had some laser treatments and have had 2 absolutely beautiful children, neither of which have a single birthmark! None of my family have any birthmarks either (unless they did a long long time ago). I was just a little concerned with my first pregnancy (that my baby may have the same issue) but he certainly did not. Further into my pregnancy I went quite red! haha, but this is just due to the extra supply of blood you have during pregnancy. Good luck and best wishes
Old 05-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post
Hay this is jordan, I know its kinda late to be posting on this note but I just started here and I have a PWS on the left side of my face and I have a four year old son, he did not get any type of birthmark wjen he was born and none of my family does either so I dont think it is possible that it will happen to your child either. I know how hard it was growing up with a birthmark on my face and im always worried about how my child will be treated by other kids at school when I go to pick him up knowing that kids can be crule. How do I help my child deal with the teasing?
Hi,

I know what you are going thru . I have PWS On left cheek and chin. Well i had 20+ laser setting but didnt helped me. I would say its better to accept as it is beacuse laser treatment has side effects and i am victum of it.
Well ,now a days i am using Revlon colourstay foundation and then appy pressed powder on it and people say they cant see it unless i tell them.
Why dont you try using it. I hope that will help you and ease your problem.................

Last edited by tanyas : 05-09-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:27 AM

Default Delivering with PWS?

I have a PWS on my scalp, face, chest, arms, legs....
Im currently pregnant with my 1st child and dont know if there will be any complications with delivery. Should I be worried about blood loss, or seizure, or brain hemrideging.. anything? Anyone have any experience on the actual delivery part.
So far Ive only had one bleb on my lip.. no other PWS related issues.

Any information at all would be helpful.
Thanks, Michelle
Old 12-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome!

How far along are you? I know there are lots of women here who have had successful uncomplicated deliveries. While you should be knowledgeable and educated, I would try not to worry. Have you had any complications so far?

And, congratulations! YAY!! A baby!!

Missy
Old 12-24-2011, 03:20 AM

Default Is there any complication of your son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson03 View Post
From what I know, PWS's are not hereditary. My cousin has a very large PWS on the right side of her face. None of her three kids have any. My husband and I don't have any but my son has one on his bottom and upper thigh. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about them. I am sure growing up with one was difficult. But its very unlikely your child will have one, and even if they did, treatments are so much better than they were when you were a child.
Hi, Jackson. Is there any complication of your son? Or it's just PWS?